post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Ford Ranger gets Roush treatment in SA

Roush has just recently launched a performance version of the Ranger in South Africa after nearly two years of testing and development. It comes standard with a three year or 60,000km warranty and will be offered in 3 different bespoke stages:

RS1 - The Stage 1
ROUSH Bumper/front grill
ROUSH Extended Wheel Arches
Rear Bumper
Decklid Cover
18 Alloy Rims & Tyres
Sport Bar & Side Steps
Tonneau Cover
Dual Pipe Cat-back Exhaust

Aesthetics
Bonnet wrap
Windscreen Banner
ROUSH Splash (Rear)

Accessories
Embroidered Headrests
ROUSH Car Mats

RS2 - The Stage 2 Ranger offers more than street presence. According to the tuner: "With an improved high-flow cat back exhaust combined with the added performance from a pre-programmed chip that includes 5 pre-mapped programs and a hybrid turbo, you can expect up to 16% increase in power or 170kW of power on the flywheel says the company."
ROUSH Bumper/front grill
Rear Bumper
Decklid Cover
18 Alloy Rims & Tyres
Sport Bar & Side Steps
Tonneau Cover
Bonnet wrap
Windscreen Banner
Side Stripes (Doors)
ROUSH Splash (Rear)
Dome Badges
Front Grill Letters
Embroidered Headrests
Rubber Car Mats

Level 1 Performance Upgrade
Uprated Performance Intercooler
Cat-back High Flow Exhaust System
5 Map Chip (Software)
Ford Protect 3yr/60 000km Comprehensive Drivetrain Warranty
Pedders Slotted Geomet Coated Rotor Brakes & Pads
Pedders Foam Cell TrakRider Suspension

RS3 - The ROUSH Stage 3 Ranger with an up to 30%* increase in performance through the addition of a High-flow cat-back exhaust, performance uprated intercooler, hybrid turbo upgrade and a 5 map software chip.
"With added power comes improved breaking with Pedders Kevlar Ceramic brake kits and smoother ride courtesy of Pedders Foam Cell TrakRyder Shocks with an elevated ride height," says the tuner.

The Body Kit
ROUSH Bumper/front grill
Rear Bumper
Decklid Cover
18 Alloy Rims & Tyres
Sport Bar & Side Steps
Tonneau Cover

ROUSH Branding Dome Badges
Front Grill
Embroidered Headrests **
Rubber Car Mats

ROUSH Accessories Full ROUSH Leather Interior
ROUSH Graphics
Sport Bar
Tonneau Cover
Side Step
Window Tinting
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:48 AM

If they took two years to develop that Ranger, would it not mean the Roush modded version we see is of an older model? Though I assume some parts should be compatible with the new Ranger model that's sold globally. At least the physical add on and not the tunes, those are generally designed for specific powertrains.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
If they took two years to develop that Ranger, would it not mean the Roush modded version we see is of an older model? Though I assume some parts should be compatible with the new Ranger model that's sold globally. At least the physical add on and not the tunes, those are generally designed for specific powertrains.
The new Ford Ranger has been for sale since 2015 so its easy to so how brands like Roush are already so far ahead. Not entirely sure how much of that model is carried over into the global version we're getting but being on a new platform should mean there's already a lot that can be learned. Platforms are always the easiest to tailor from one market to another.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:55 AM

I'm not sure how much the Ranger platform has changed over the last few years, so I'm sure there wouldn't be too much involved in adapting it to the NA model. Could be a good alternative for those looking for some extra power, who can't afford to go with the Raptor variant.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
I'm not sure how much the Ranger platform has changed over the last few years, so I'm sure there wouldn't be too much involved in adapting it to the NA model. Could be a good alternative for those looking for some extra power, who can't afford to go with the Raptor variant.
Tuning culture is big when it comes to trucks in this segment so I doubt power will be an issue. Just like how Bully Dog and similar brands have catered to the Tacoma community largely, we'll see something similar happen for the Ranger community.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Roush is an American tuning company, so I doubt they would debut these kits on the Australian Ranger, if they didn't plan on providing the same tunes for NA models. The T6 platform is going to be a great starting point for aftermarket modification.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 08:12 AM

We may see a lot of NA owners going for aftermarket tunes, seeing as how Ford has yet to confirm whether or not we'll see the Raptor trim alongside the Rangers release. I haven't been able to find pricing anywhere for the different stages of tunes.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page