Ranger vs Tacoma
Just a quick post to list some advantages of the new Ranger over a Tacoma. Tacoma owner here so I can make the comparison.
1) The driver seat can be position so the driver does not experience pain. If you are over 6'1" tall, driving a Tacoma is just plain painful. The Ranger's electric seat allows the driver to find a comfortable position. Ford should start a marketing campaign about seating comfort and how painful some of the competition is to drive. Driver pain is a powerful motivator for people to change trucks.
2) The 4x4 that I drove was very nimble and agile when it came to steering and handling. Unlike any 4x4 trucks that I have driven. Its a 4x4 that doesn't feel like a 4x4. It feels like some type of sports car truck.
3) I don't know what Ford did to the rear suspension but it feels more like an independent suspension over one with leaf springs. OK, I know what they did and I think is a great design.
4) Powerful. Compared to the new Ranger, a 2019 Tacoma feels tired and under powered.
5) Quiet ride and handling. Again, it feels and drives more like a performance car than a truck.