post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Fords Easter Eggs

So Ford has cleverly hidden two well-known creatures from modern folklore in pictures they posted to their website. They shouldn't be too hard to find for a well trained eye. The second is clearly a throw back to an old school edition of the ranger.

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 01:25 PM

Ford should hide these Easter eggs on the Ranger itself like little engravings inside the front arm rest storage bin, or in the corner of the dash.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

I love it when car companies throw little hidden homages in their vehicle designs, to pay respect to their origins. I wonder seeing as how the Ford Ranger Raptor seems to be its own truck, if they plan on releasing something similar to a Bigfoot Edition of the Ranger. If not, like you suggested they could always just embroider something into the interior.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 01:34 PM

I've seen other cars have Eater eggs around the edges of windows and windshields, really small details you could easily miss. It Ford does go add Easter eggs to the Ranger, I'd expect to see a Bigfoot or that lake monster somewhere.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 08:04 AM

We could definitely see a bigfoot homage, hidden somewhere in the fine print of the truck. I doubt we'll actually see a full trim dedicated to it, but it would be nice to see a little emblem/badge for it. Does anyone know what significance the lochness monster has in relation to the Ranger, or was it just another folklore creature they could use?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 11:05 AM

There's even more Ford Ranger Easter eggs in the latest promotional images. With them all being dinosaur related, I'm assuming the Ranger will make an appearance in the upcoming Jurassic movie.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 07:59 AM

Those are pretty neat, although I'm curious if this was part of all the april fools images that were circling the internet. I'm all for some Jurassic Park trimmings on the Raptor variant.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Yeah its been confirmed that these little Easter Eggs we're just a little nod to the holidays. That being said I'm still interested in Ford returning to the big foot era of the Ranger, and offering a throwback trim.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 10:38 AM

Didn't think they would be an April Fools joke from Ford since it found them on the second of April, though I suppose they could have been released on the 1st. Maybe they'll follow the theme of fictional monsters since it seems to be everywhere in their ads, have them released as limited special editions. Maybe the "Leviathan" or bring back the Big Foot.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page