post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L Arrives

The Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L is now available at showrooms across foreign markets. Its available in three color options: Cool White, Pride Orange and Shadow Black. It also comes with an early bird offer that provides 2 years or 40,000km of free service and maintenance. The Wildtrak has class leading 800mm water wading capability, 235mm of ground clearance and a high towing capacity of 3,500kg. Its key features include:

-SYNC 3 connectivity system with 8″ touchscreen, voice command, Apple and Android support
-SYNC 3 connectivity system with 8″ touchscreen, voice command, Apple and Android support
-A 240-volt power socket that can be used to power a laptop or tablet computer anywhere
-Lane Departure Warning
-Lane Keeping Aid
-Adaptive Cruise Control
-Adjustable Speed Limiter
-Forward Collision Alert & Mitigation by Brakes : lets out a chime and flashes a visual warning on the windscreen when it detects a high probability of a collision. The system also pre-charges the brakes for enhanced stopping power
-44 shift-on-the-fly : allows switching between 2WD and 4WD High or Low mode while on the move
-Electronic locking rear differential : helps lock rear wheels to improve traction
-MyKey system : allows owners to customise car settings including top speed, audio volume and seatbelt reminders
-Electronic Stability Program with traction control, rollover mitigation and trailer sway control
-Hill Launch Assist
-Hill Descent Control
-Adaptive Load Control : calculates the weight and centre of gravity when hauling a load for safer driving
-Rear view camera with front and rear parking sensors
-Emergency Brake Assist
-Six airbags (dual front, side and curtain)
-Volumetric burglar alarm system
-Immobiliser
-ISOFIX mounting points for child seats
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:03 AM

I wonder if the Wildtrak trim is confirmed for North America, if we can expect to see the same sort of incentives for early buyers. Although I wouldn't expect to see many issues in the first two years of ownership, it could give piece of mind for the new platform.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 10:49 AM

What happens when the Ranger's brakes are pre-charged but you don't end up braking?
I can see most of these features contributing to the Wildtrack's superior off-road capability compare to the normal trims and America is big on those. I can see the Wildtrak making its way to the North America market some time in the future.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

I would assume that the pre charging of the brakes only occurs when a collision is imminent. It'll be interesting to see if the Wildtrak remains the best selling trim in Australia now that they will have a more premium trim in the Raptor.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 10:46 AM

There's even a Ranger Wildtrak X from Ford, a combination of the Black Edition and the Wildtrak. Too bad it's only available in Europe. Doesn't seem like anything has been done to the 3.2-liter engine.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHood View Post
There's even a Ranger Wildtrak X from Ford, a combination of the Black Edition and the Wildtrak. Too bad it's only available in Europe. Doesn't seem like anything has been done to the 3.2-liter engine.
I hope they didn't to much for the fact that all markets will be getting the same Ranger just with some slight changes from market to market. Rather not see Europe continue to get the one pictures above and we get whats in the forums banner. Streamlining the entire process will ensure the Rangers global success.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 08:02 AM

Interesting that's been offered exclusively in Europe. When I saw this trim I figured it was for Australian consumers who may not be able to afford the premium pricing of the Raptor variant. Have they confirmed a price point yet? Because you could easily black out the grille and get the other accessories through aftermarket.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 08:48 AM

Had to do a bit of digging, but I found out the Ranger Wildtrak X starts at 27,745 and there's even an off-road pack (Engine, Transfer Case & Fuel Tank Protection, Locking Rear Differential) you can add on for just 300.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

I just don't know how popular this trim is going to be, considering its restricted to one cab option. Is the double cab the same as the Supercab? I don't think Ford has shown us what to expect with the Supercrew yet, and I have a feeling once people get inside it, that's going to be the spec to go with.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 09:12 AM

So the 2019 F-150 Ranger is getting an active dampening system, would be nice if it also appears on the Ranger Raptor or the Wildtrak. Heard it was designed for people who likes to fly their pickups over bumps and dunes.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page