post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Ordering and production dates

Ford has officially stated that the new Ranger will reach dealerships in early 2019, but has yet to provide any specifics. There are now some reports from Blue Oval Forums that Ford will begin taking orders on August 13th 2018. Production should begin a few months later, around Thanksgiving on November 26th.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 09:03 AM

Hopefully that means in the next few months North American consumers will get confirmation of whether or not that Raptor variant will be offered here at launch. Is there really a chance that it could only release in foreign markets to start?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 09:43 AM

From what I hear, Ford will open the Ranger order guide in August this year and arrive at dealerships early next year. Is the ordering guide similar to the configuration page we're so used to seeing or will people be able to officially submit a purchasing agreement?
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 12:37 PM

I just wish they would release pricing info.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 09:07 AM

Well we've seen pricing for Australia, but keep in mind that those figures are likely to be higher than what we'll see in NA. Hopefully they open up the configurator prior to August, so we can get a sense of what sort options are offered on each trim.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion View Post
Well we've seen pricing for Australia, but keep in mind that those figures are likely to be higher than what we'll see in NA. Hopefully they open up the configurator prior to August, so we can get a sense of what sort options are offered on each trim.
It's not a guarantee that converting the Australian dollar to US dollar would be a indicator of cost. Cars usually cost more in Australia.

I'm hoping that Ford doesn't price it really high to keep it from stealing sales from the F-150. If I were their marketing folks, I'd tell them to price it near the F-150 so you'd hit the target market of folks who want a truck, but don't want something as big as an F-150. That's the boat I'm in. I'd love an F-150 if I didn't work downtown and if it fit in my garage. Sadly, I've owned an F-150 and I know how horribly difficult that truck is a daily driver.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 10:09 AM

It'll probably be priced under the F-150 because of it's smaller size or else people may as well go for the larger model to get more bang for their buck.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

To be successful, it'll have to be priced well under the F150, at least in its base trim. And I agree that as a daily driver the Ranger is a much more practical vehicle. It is odd not to offer a regular cab variant, but I guess there isn't much demand for one these days.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
To be successful, it'll have to be priced well under the F150, at least in its base trim. And I agree that as a daily driver the Ranger is a much more practical vehicle. It is odd not to offer a regular cab variant, but I guess there isn't much demand for one these days.
Within the price range of a Tacoma will be ideal. Toyota dominate the market and there's just about no one better for Ford to target. Of all pick up makers, Ford has the best chance.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 09:00 AM

I think one of the main criticisms of the Tacoma is its price. But that doesn't seem to have impacted its sales by any significant margin. The circumstances are a little different for the Ranger however, as its a brand new platform for the NA market. People wont be willing to justify the same price for an unproven model.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page