post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

2019 Ford Ranger Launch Models

Right now we know for sure that from launch a Ranger XL, XLT and Lariat will be available. As we get closer to its official on-sale date that could change slightly. As for the Raptor version, we could be in for a wait. Some rumors suggest by late 2019 we will be able to place deposits on the Raptor version. For now here are visuals on the 3 confirmed models:

XL

XLT

Lariat
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 03:11 PM

Will be interesting to see just how different these models will look with the various trim options. Considering the packages are Chrome, Sport and Off Road, there should be a pretty wide array of unique styles that can be created.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 01:42 PM

You can already see it in the different grilles with the Lariat getting a unique one, though I can;t make out any more details beyond that and the wheels.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion View Post
Will be interesting to see just how different these models will look with the various trim options. Considering the packages are Chrome, Sport and Off Road, there should be a pretty wide array of unique styles that can be created.
I'm bit into tech and little things like the LED headlights featured in the Lariat are an easy way to win me over. Its a feature we can easily see in the pictures above. Although I read that even for the Lariat it might be optional. If that's the case then maybe lower trims will also have it as optional. In addition to that I might do an entire LED conversion throughout the cabin and exterior.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 09:08 AM

I wonder how long it will be until Ford has the Ranger configurator live. I'd like to see how different each of these trims look with the various packages that are going to be available. From the logo on the rear panel of all these trucks, it looks like this is the off road package of each trim. There really is no difference whatsoever in the front bumper of each of these models.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
I wonder how long it will be until Ford has the Ranger configurator live. I'd like to see how different each of these trims look with the various packages that are going to be available. From the logo on the rear panel of all these trucks, it looks like this is the off road package of each trim. There really is no difference whatsoever in the front bumper of each of these models.
The Chicago Auto Show is one of the industries biggest shows and if the importance other car makers are putting on it tells us anything its that this show could be a pivotal moment for 2019 Ranger information. As we get closer to the shows Feb 10th kick off date, hopefully more information will come out.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 09:19 AM

Its odd that so much time has gone by and we still haven't gotten any solid specs on the new Rangers hp and torque offerings. Not sure how they expect people to buy in/pre order without having a full rundown of what the truck offers. It would be nice if we could at least get some confirmed price points, so people could being to estimate what their builds would be priced around.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
Its odd that so much time has gone by and we still haven't gotten any solid specs on the new Rangers hp and torque offerings. Not sure how they expect people to buy in/pre order without having a full rundown of what the truck offers. It would be nice if we could at least get some confirmed price points, so people could being to estimate what their builds would be priced around.
Lucky for us a lot of this is new to us but old to people living elsewhere in the world that have been getting it for years already. We can learn a lot about them, one of those facts being at the very least we'll get power in the low 200hp range with torque around the 300lb-ft range

https://jalopnik.com/what-i-learned-...-am-1791183319
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 AM

While it can be useful to data mine the global Ranger that's been available elsewhere in the world, I think its highly doubtful that Ford will simply be reusing its existing platform. As we've already seen there has been some changes to its styling and I think its fair to assume we will also see changes in its frame/structure, suspension, and powertrain (i.e towing and payload).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion View Post
While it can be useful to data mine the global Ranger that's been available elsewhere in the world, I think its highly doubtful that Ford will simply be reusing its existing platform. As we've already seen there has been some changes to its styling and I think its fair to assume we will also see changes in its frame/structure, suspension, and powertrain (i.e towing and payload).
but they are using the same platform, where do you think they're getting it from?
Quote:
Although Ford is expected to describe it as "all-new", it's unclear whether the next Ranger will ride on the same T6 ladder platform designed and developed in Australia for the current PX model that first appeared in 2010.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page