post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

It'll be interesting to see if that price point impacts its early sales. I know in that bracket that it would not do well here in the U.S. I know that the Wildtrak is a very popular trim in Australia, so we'll see if people are willing to shell out that much more for some improved performance.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 11:05 AM

The Ford Ranger Raptor will go on sale in Australia this September for $74,990 plus on-road costs. That's obscene and you may as well go for the F-150 Raptor at that point, it has a more powerful engine anyways.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 09:01 AM

Well keep in mind that they had to price it above the Wildtrak, which I believe is the most popular trim in Australia. I don't think that trim has been confirmed for North America yet, although there were some spy shots that seemed to think there was a mule being tested in Michigan.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Recently came across an article from The Drive, that seems to think that the Ranger Raptor will be priced from the upper $30's in the U.S. This is based upon the assumption that the base Ranger will start around $22k. Luckily for us, since the Ranger is being made in Michigan, we shouldn't have to worry about any import tariffs either.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 02:14 PM

Lets hope that Ford can deliver on a price point like that, because I think a lot of people became disinterested when they heard it was going for $70k in foreign markets. It's pretty crazy how much money you can spend on a fully spec'd out pickup these days.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
Lets hope that Ford can deliver on a price point like that, because I think a lot of people became disinterested when they heard it was going for $70k in foreign markets. It's pretty crazy how much money you can spend on a fully spec'd out pickup these days.
There's a lot stopping them from pricing it out of segment. Slotting this into Ford's line up won't be any different than every other new Ford product. Under cutting the segment leading Tacoma is already a big feat with a $22k starting price. Makes you wonder what Toyota will do in response.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

I don't think we'll see Toyota make any significant changes to their pricing reactively. The Tacoma has cemented itself as one of the better trucks in the segment, and the new TRD lineup looks better than ever. Anyone know how much aftermarket support the Tacoma has?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page