post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Reviews: What about the 2019 Ranger will stand out?

While we wait for reviews, with all the information out on the 2019 Ranger that released following its debut at the Detroit Auto Show, what do you guys think will stand out?
I thought this would be a good topic to get going because odds are what we talk about here will be greatly reflected once some automotive publications get seat time in this new blue oval product.

Starting this thread off what will stand out to me is the 2.3 Turbo I4 engine. Making as much torque (281) and power (308) as its V6 rivals from Chevy, Toyota and Nissan gives it the advantage of not only delivering better power (especially where required most in the powerband) and better fuel economy. This could very well mean city mileage in the low 20-MPG range. Both that power, torque and MPG rating is ideal for my use. Always wanted a fun but fuel sipping rig with a bed and this just might be it!
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 04:05 PM

I think for those complaining about the lack of a manual option, need to play close attention to the Trail Control Tech. I have a good feeling that those who prefer the manual transmission, believe it to be better in an off roading environment. The TC technology is literally low speed, rough terrain cruise control that takes over acceleration and braking, allowing to driver to focus on steering and orientation.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page