post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Ranger Raptor In North America?

There had been no confirmation yet of the Ranger Raptor making its way to the North America market, maybe we'll hear something when it debuts later this year. Would be nice as an option for those who are fans of the F-150 Raptor but don't want to go for the sheer size of it. Who wouldn't want a mid-size Baja monster that could be powered by a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 or a 2.7 EcoBoost V-6?

It'll probably mirror a lot of the outgoing Raptor's off-road parts and capabilities.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 02:43 PM

I mean just how many variants of the Ranger does one need? I've heard the rumors surrounding a Ranger Raptor as well, I'm just not sure if there's a big market for it. Wouldn't those who vie for the performance of a Raptor, take little issue with its size. I mean its not like there's a huge difference in size to begin with. I have a good feeling that the rumors surrounding the Ranger Raptor will go the way of the Ram Rebel.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 03:42 PM

you don't see a lot of F-150 Raptors roaming around either and we still have it in North America. So there's definitely a market for Raptor variants and we're even more likely to get one now that a test mule was spotted on a flatbed in the States. It's said to be the Australia spec model, but why test it in the U.S. if you don't plan to sell it there?

Not sure about the Ram Rebel rumors, isn't that pickup already on sale right now?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 01:39 PM

At least with this being a cheaper product we will be seeing more of them on the road. In addition to that it will be interesting to see how it sells in comparison to the F150 Raptor. Maybe this was the model they were always looking for.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
you don't see a lot of F-150 Raptors roaming around either and we still have it in North America. So there's definitely a market for Raptor variants and we're even more likely to get one now that a test mule was spotted on a flatbed in the States. It's said to be the Australia spec model, but why test it in the U.S. if you don't plan to sell it there?

Not sure about the Ram Rebel rumors, isn't that pickup already on sale right now?
As of now the Rebel is just a concept, and you may be right about there being a market for a smaller high performance pickup such as the Ranger Raptor. Hopefully the spy photos that have surfaced online, indicate its release in North America.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page