post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Color availability per trim

Here's a quick look at which color options there are to choose from on the various trims of the Ranger. It also gives a detailed look at what cabin features are exclusive to each. Looks like there will only be two interior colors to choose from.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 01:26 PM

So it looks like you'll have to step up to the top two trim levels if you're interested in the medium stone interior. And only the Lariat is being offered with leather seats? Seems like the cabin is where they've tried to cut on a lot of costs.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 08:57 AM

It looks that way. Have to spend a bit of time with the configurator to confirm. It seems that some paint options are exclusive to the top two trims as well. Hot Pepper Red and White Platinum Tri-coat.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 05:18 PM

As a fan of Red's that actually pop (commonly found in higher up brands) Ford did well with Hot Pepper Red.
My friend has it on his 17' Focus ST and it looks far better than the sea of blue Focus models we see everyday
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

White is one of the more popular colors for pickups these days, though I'm not too sure on the differences between Oxford and the Tri-coat. I doubt many people will upgrade to the higher trim levels just for that.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:01 AM

Here's all the different finishes on one model. If you also head to this site there's a pic of each color option.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 09:01 AM

Solid color options, but I do wish they had opted for a dark green metallic as a throwback to the previous gen models. Never really understood the need for various shades of silver and white.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Those are among the most popular color choices for cars. And I can guarantee that Ford will continue to make adjustments to options as they see what interest is like in their current palette.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 06:36 PM

I think its time for the Ford Performance division to take a larger page out of BMW's book to bring us unique colors.

Can't be that hard to do small limited runs of certain color scheme's that pay homage to Ford's past even if its just a slight association.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page