post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 09:15 AM

Well from seeing the pictures from the CIAS, it sure does look like the standard cab has unusable back seats. Both headroom and leg room are nonexistent, and anyone of average height will likely have to sit sideways. I guess that's fine for those who plan on using it solely as a work truck. I want to see interior shots/dimensions of the Super Crew model.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHood View Post
I'm pretty sure Ford will come out with a quad cab Ranger because that's the more practical configuration. The two door allows for no rear passengers and the cab with suicide doors are so cramped you may as well reserve the rear seats fro storage. How it competes against the Tacoma when it comes to interior space will have to wait because Ford hasn't released interior measurements yet.
Well one thing for sure is it can't be too far off from the Tacoma or anything else in this segment as those are benchmarks for what Ford should do. If they stray too far from that then they will have problems. Unless you're oddly tall or obese then you will have issues.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 09:01 AM

It's a midsize pickup through and through, anyone looking for cabin space similar to what's found in the F150 will be disappointed. I would also like to see just how much the cab varies from SuperCab to SuperCrew and the increased cost that comes with it.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 09:12 AM

It wont be cheap, but at least Ford realized there was no point in releasing a regular cab for the new Ranger. It would have been an even more expensive option had the base model come in a two door.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 03:53 PM

I just think they should model after what Toyota has done because it seems to work well for them by touching all the possible options that will sell at good volumes for the various demographics of pick-up truck owners.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 11:32 AM

Something like the Ranger Supercrew will not have as much cabin space as a full sized truck and that's fine, so long as the rear passengers aren't dying in the process of a road trip like they would in the double cab.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 09:09 AM

That legroom is less than stellar and passengers will definitely be given a chance to improve their posture aha. I don't suppose we've had the opportunity to get interior shots of the SuperCrew yet?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 11:24 AM

You can find these pictures in the news album, they're not mine. 2019 Ford Ranger CIAS Album
Not much to expect from the interior and I wasn't expecting to see much aside from the usual clean center stack. Looks like it'll be hard to even get into the rear seats.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 01:41 PM

I originally ordered the supercab for the longer bed, but upon leaning a car seat cannot be safely mounted we had to convert to the crew cab. Probably for the best in the long run anyhow.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page