post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Cab Style

Just wanted to know which cab style everyone is thinking of going for. Personally leaning towards the double cab for its practicality, but that super cab does look more unique with suicide doors and how often will I be ferrying people around in the back anyways? But it may just boil down to price of each option if there is a large gap.
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 02:00 PM

I'd assume most would go for the double cab for practicality's sake. With an extra two full seats, the 5th gen Ranger can be used as a daily driver and family hauler, not just something you take out when something needs to be towed or ferried around in a bed.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 05:04 PM

When it comes to resale value the dual cab should sell much better and one indication of this is how much more dual cabs are on the road compared to regular. We have to remember that people who once wanted SUV's are coming to pickups.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 10:56 AM

This is just based on my opinion and needs, but there's no denying that single and super cabs are more affordable than the SuperCrew. You can see the substantial pricing difference between the body styles on the F-150 and some may not be willing to fork out that much more for larger rear seats.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
This is just based on my opinion and needs, but there's no denying that single and super cabs are more affordable than the SuperCrew. You can see the substantial pricing difference between the body styles on the F-150 and some may not be willing to fork out that much more for larger rear seats.
While its not cheap to upgrade the cabs, there's often more of a need to upgrade than a need to save $2-3k. People buying trucks have more real needs for a utility vehicle than those in SUV's and CUV's. No denying that. 5-10% increases in price aren't that bad IMO
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 08:05 AM

Has anyone seen the Ranger in person? Because the standard cab's backseats wont even accommodate a person who's less than 5 ft. I think its likely we'll see a lot of people shelling out the additional money to ensure that their 4 door pickup can be used as such. I think most people are estimating the baseline Ranger to start around $21k. Pretty reasonable imo.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 08:06 AM

Yeah the backseats are small, but that's to be expected in a midsize pickup. That's probably one of the main reasons why Ford increased the overall dimensions of the new Ranger, in an effort to increase the cabin room. I think Ford would be wise to bring the Ranger at the lowest entry price possible, because once it's all spec'd to your liking, its likely to be a good $5-10k more.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:15 PM

If they're serious about bringing a quad cab to market then they will have to compete with what the Tacoma offers.

Check out the 12:30 mark of this video:

Toyota has set the benchmark for Ford to meet.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:15 AM

It's pretty crazy how far Toyota has come in this segment, and I'm looking forward to seeing their new TRD lineup. I think the only thing holding back the Tacoma is its price point, because even used they are still pretty expensive. Engineering wise they have certainly made use of all the nooks and crannies in the cab.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:22 AM

I'm pretty sure Ford will come out with a quad cab Ranger because that's the more practical configuration. The two door allows for no rear passengers and the cab with suicide doors are so cramped you may as well reserve the rear seats fro storage. How it competes against the Tacoma when it comes to interior space will have to wait because Ford hasn't released interior measurements yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page