post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

All about those interior aestehtics

Sure, we may not be buying pickup trucks for how they look on the inside, but that doesn't mean we don't enjoy the finer things in life. The Ranger's interior could pass for something inside a large SUV if it wasn't fro the truck bed.

It looks like the dash is leather with contrast stitching and I'm a fan of that molded piece between the two passenger side air vents. Gives it dimension instead of just a flat piece.
What part of the interior appeals to you?

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 03:46 PM

Looks like changing the trim level will alter the infotainment system as well. Depending on which you choose you can get a 3.8, 4 or 8 inch touchscreen display. Happy to hear that it comes standard with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Amazon Alexa as well as a 4G Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 10 devices. There is even an optional premium sound system made by Bang & Olufsen.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 01:54 PM

The sound system isn't all that important to me so long as there's no annoying droning or vibration noises. The overall design looks very clean and well proportioned, though the featured image may have the lager 8-inch touchscreen display and anything smaller could lead to large gaps between the screen and air vents.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 09:12 AM

That screen already looks incredibly tiny in the dashboard cluster, so I'm not sure how many people will be interested in anything smaller. I wonder why they bother offering such tiny screen options in the first place, when releasing a "brand new" vehicle with all the modern trimmings. I wish they had done a little more with the interior as its pretty simplistic, even some color accented stitching could have gone a long way. As with trucks their is a focus on utility so I'm curious how much space there is inside the glovebox and middle arm rest and what connections/ports they include.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 09:56 AM

It's an annoying way for automakers to make more money from us, forcing buyers to go for a higher trim and additional options just to get a larger screen. Makes sense from their financial perspective, but an annoyance on ours. One day an 8-inch will be the standard screen size with how far we're advancing constantly in terms of car tech and screen sizes. Never know, one day all cars will be like Tesla with a large touchscreen. In the meantime, I'll be looking into that 8-inch screen.

As for connections, not sure about the arm rest cubby, but there are two USB ports in the center stack around the drive selection dial.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHood View Post
It's an annoying way for automakers to make more money from us, forcing buyers to go for a higher trim and additional options just to get a larger screen. Makes sense from their financial perspective, but an annoyance on ours. One day an 8-inch will be the standard screen size with how far we're advancing constantly in terms of car tech and screen sizes. Never know, one day all cars will be like Tesla with a large touchscreen. In the meantime, I'll be looking into that 8-inch screen.

As for connections, not sure about the arm rest cubby, but there are two USB ports in the center stack around the drive selection dial.
Its like that in any market regardless if we're buying phones, clothes or cars.
Also Ford has even less room to play with here being one of the last to arrive. Toyota, Chevy, GMC and even Honda have been involved in this segment for years

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page