post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

New Trail Control system

A while back announced that the 2019 F150 Raptor would be offering a bunch of a new tech, some of which would be shared with the Ranger Raptor. One of these new systems is Ford's Trail Control- which is essentially a low speed cruise. It's very similar to Toyota's Crawl control system, but works in all driving modes. The truck will manage the speed and power sent to each wheel, to maximize traction between 1 and 20mph.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 01:53 PM

Big fan of this because living well into the country side in the winter, roads aren't cleared that well nor that often. Capability such as this gives us some extra confidence behind the wheel.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:00 AM

Systems like this will be great for getting out of sticky situations. And I think the more automated tech we see like this, the more owners are going to be inclined to actually take their truck off road.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 04:07 PM

It should which ultimately will positively impact global sales.

Toyota is great with advanced technology and right now Ford is becoming glowingly global.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

I wonder if Ford will keep this tech exclusive to their Raptor variants. I would like to see them include it in off road packages, in other models in their lineup.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 06:57 PM

If Ford is smart about it they'll used this same technology in the upcoming Bronco. Establishing where the tech peaks in the Raptor then offering toned down versions in lower end products is a winning strategy.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 08:55 AM

I think that's dependent on the trim levels that we see for the Bronco. It seems that they want to keep this kind of tech reserved for their premium models for the time being. There have been rumors of a Bronco Raptor.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texx View Post
I think that's dependent on the trim levels that we see for the Bronco. It seems that they want to keep this kind of tech reserved for their premium models for the time being. There have been rumors of a Bronco Raptor.
You bet. Ultimately I would like to see it offered on at least 1 non-Raptor branded trim. Its a similar model used elsewhere and to be honest, not everyone is a fan of Raptor styling.
Good luck getting an older Ford purist to accept the styling but you can sure sway them with similar performance and traditional Ford styling.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 01:24 PM

I think those who take issues with the Raptors styling, are looking at it more from a practicality standpoint. These variants are noticeable wider, and as a a result less ideal for inner city commuting. The Ranger Raptor is trying to be the best of both worlds.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
I think those who take issues with the Raptors styling, are looking at it more from a practicality standpoint. These variants are noticeable wider, and as a a result less ideal for inner city commuting. The Ranger Raptor is trying to be the best of both worlds.
IMO it just takes some getting used to. The F150 Raptor was the widest any light duty pick up ever got peaking out at 7.2 feet. This Ranger could easily address small concerns like this.

However I think it has more to do with how much of an announcement the Raptor styling makes, its far from subtle...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page