post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Drive Modes Don't Affect Suspension

I would assume certain drive modes would adjust the suspension for increase stiffness or comfort, but it looks like that's not the case for the Raptor. Different modes will change throttle responsiveness, transmission gearing and vehicle controls instead. So however the factory shocks and suspension feels is what you'll be getting, aside from the off-road-tuned shocks and suspension that comes with the FX4 Off-Road Package.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 02:27 PM

As far as I know, that's usually something reserved for luxury vehicles and not really pickups though the Ram Rebel does have an air suspension system, but that's completely different.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 01:40 PM

I'd like too see how the various modes feels when you switch from one to the other, though with it being a new model, we'll have to wait for auto reviews online before getting a chance to test drive one ourselves. Does anyone know the various drive modes it comes with?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 09:11 AM

The drive modes have more to do with the terrain that you are on and include: normal/grass, gravel and snow, mud and ruts, and sand. Not entirely sure how differently they handle from each other, but I guess we'll get a sense of off road capabilities in early previews.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion View Post
The drive modes have more to do with the terrain that you are on and include: normal/grass, gravel and snow, mud and ruts, and sand. Not entirely sure how differently they handle from each other, but I guess we'll get a sense of off road capabilities in early previews.
you should look into the f150 raptor because it also has these modes and more importantly reviews that cover features like this are easily found.

jalopnik has an article that covers it: https://jalopnik.com/what-2017-ford-...exp-1789712036

not such a simple system after all:
Quote:
The Raptor’s configuration for low traction, high-power situations puts the throttle at a moderately aggressive setting between Normal and Sport. Shifting is similar to Sport where gears are held a little longer, but will shift up if the system detects you can carry on without the power of high-revs.

Traction control is essentially off to let the tires freewheel a bit, since you don’t want to lose power just as you’re climbing out of a sand bog, but stability control will still be in place.

Steering is set to “comfort,” which provides the most assistance. That means the front wheels will turn harder with less driver input.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 09:15 AM

I'm curious how these new driving modes will perform in the Ranger however, as its does have considerably less power than the F150 Raptor. I guess as the truck is lighter and maybe more manageable, that the lesser powertrain might not be as big of a factor. Looking forward to seeing an off road performance test.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page