post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Watts linkage rear suspension

The Raptor is the only ute in the world to have a Watts linkage rear suspension with coilover springs, plus unique Fox Racing Show dampers at each corner. Apparently this gives it an incredibly comfortable ride. The Fox shockers are the most expensive component of the Raptor, costing as much as a four cylinder engine. Should give it a leg up over the competitors and I can't wait to see some off road testing with this setup.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 11:00 AM

We'll have to see how the suspension system fairs even if they say it's supposed to give us a very comfortable ride. The F-150 Raptor wasn't the most comfortable car when it comes to horribly bumpy roads, though it does soak up a bit more than the average truck.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 08:03 AM

Well no car is going to provide a "comfortable" ride when off roading, but it looks like they've included quite the performance suspension in the stock package. I do have a bit of concern with such costly components though, when it comes time for repair/replacement.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 10:03 AM

Suspension rarely needs to be replaced in a vehicle's lifetime, if ever and when do someone does manage to break something that's because they were doing something the car wasn't designed for.
Like this one for example:
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Lol that's awesome. Even better that it was a Chevy. And don't forget that Ford introduced the Ranger Raptor on the stage with a jump as well..although its was a much smaller one.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 08:02 AM

With regular use I don't think we should see any issues with the Raptors suspension. I'm looking forward to seeing some head to head off road tests, to determine if this expensive Fox suspension delivers a better driving experience.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

I don't really know why they went with such an expensive suspension system, as I doubt it'll ever be used in the capacity that it was designed for. It almost would have been better if they went with something cheaper, to bring the entry level costs down.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 08:09 AM

Its looks like the more expensive components that Ford has chosen for the new Ranger Raptor have contributed to some high base prices in Australia and Thailand. That's probably more the result of various taxes for those regions however.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 06:05 PM

a lot of it has to do with competitiveness and already the bar has been raised by GM just in time for the Rangers arrival, that being the new Colorado ZR2 Bison, a direct response to the Raptor:

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCoFan View Post
a lot of it has to do with competitiveness and already the bar has been raised by GM just in time for the Rangers arrival, that being the new Colorado ZR2 Bison, a direct response to the Raptor:

Always been a fan of AEV, a brand known for making a Wrangler based pickup before FCA decided to come along and end the show. They too were involved in the Bison. A lot of the upgrades from the regular ZR2 to this new trim came right from AEV's R&D team.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page