post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Tow and payload ratings

As Ford confirmed the powertrain specs of the upcoming Ranger, they have also given insight into its towing and hauling capabilities. The midsize pickup will have a maximum towing capacity of 1,860 pounds which its several hundred more than most other trucks in the segment (1,500). It will also boast a towing capacity of 7,500 pounds with the towing package and trailer brake controller.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:10 PM

I like the strategic move they made to out do Toyota because its now in a tier that's closer to the level of practicality offered in the mid-size segment.
Aside from Ford I hope Jeep's new pick up will also offer similar numbers.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:54 AM

These are fantastic numbers for a midsize truck. Hopefully that trailer package isn't too expensive of an option. Any mentions of a trim level where it will come standard?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion View Post
These are fantastic numbers for a midsize truck. Hopefully that trailer package isn't too expensive of an option. Any mentions of a trim level where it will come standard?
Safe to say we should expect to see something similar to what's done on the F-150. How good or bad Ford's approach is will vary from person to person but overall I think its a good model to follow.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 07:56 AM

Haven't seen a breakdown of the standard tech across different trim levels, but you could easily play around with the configurator. I'm guessing that the Lariat trim will come with the most tech.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

The tow package is only $495 according to the website. Main reason for stepping up to the Lariat would be for leather bucket seats and LED lighting.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page