post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

New trailer for Ranger Raptor from Gamescom

For the second year in a row Ford has been present at Gamescom. They used this opportunity to debut the Ranger Raptor and a dropped a brand new trailer for the hardcore off roader. There was also a 4d simulator which would give participants the chance to drive the new truck in Forza Horizon 4. Really well done advertisement in my opinion.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 07:59 AM

That's a great commercial. If only it alluded to the RR coming to the U.S. Still really impressive what they have managed to deliver with a little 2.0l diesel.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 08:55 AM

If Ford keeps pace with this current marketing scheme, the Ranger Raptor is going to be highly sought after. Though waiting to announce it last for the market most interested in performance models is an odd choice.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

I have a feeling that shortly after launch the Ranger Raptor will be as difficult to source as its larger brother. I am expecting that availability will be quite low across most dealerships, as I'm sure Ford will be producing it in limited quantities.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 09:12 AM

The inflated pricing we've seen in foreign markets, wouldn't fly here. It would make more sense just to step up to the F150 variant for nearly double the power.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 09:02 AM

I'm not sure that the full size Raptor will appeal to everyone, because its a much larger vehicle. It's a growing trend in the NA market to purchase a pickup, without actually needing the utility that it offers. Once more hybrid systems are put in place we'll probably see even more of them used as commuters.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Well the upcoming Scrambler looks to be a proper midsize option, and Hyundai also has the Santa Cruz in the works. I think eventually we'll see a shift back towards smaller pickups, especially with how capable smaller engine options are becoming.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:02 AM

Chevy has even announced that they will be bringing a 4 cylinder engine to the Silverado, and it actually has better power numbers than their current V6. Paired with hybrid systems, there probably wont be much need for V8's in the coming years.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 02:03 PM

The tuning possibilities it brings will help owners overcome any concerns about adequate torque and towing capacity. We'll just have to be patient for aftermarket to respond.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 08:58 AM

If the 4 cylinder has higher hp and torque figures then there is no reason why it wouldn't have better towing capacity than the current powerplant. Hopefully fuel economy also sees an decent increase.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page