post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Detailed look at the new Ranger inside and out

There are hundreds of preview videos of the new Ranger appearing up on YouTube by the day, but this is one of the better ones I've seen. Gives an excellent overview of this very capable new midsize truck. Think we'll be seeing a lot of Tacoma owners considering a swap.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 05:34 PM

The toughest part for some people to get over will be its obvious signs of being an old overseas model. Aside from that the Ranger is solid.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 08:22 AM

I think it being built upon a decade old, proven platform is actually a strength. Ford has made a bunch of U.S specific changes and I think it looks exceptionally sharp in black.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
I think it being built upon a decade old, proven platform is actually a strength. Ford has made a bunch of U.S specific changes and I think it looks exceptionally sharp in black.
I'm still not a fan of missing out while Toyota guys have all the fun with their Tacoma's.
Once the new Ranger Raptor is here, it better be as revolutionary as the F-Series Raptor, leaving the ZR2 and TRD in the dust.
Also both have been extensively covered...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 08:16 AM

Not a fan of styling changes that Toyota has done with the new TRD Pro series. Aesthetics continues to be one of their biggest hiccups. Resale value is worth mentioning though, because that's one area where the Tacoma will still have an advantage.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

There are a lot of factors that contribute to resale value. One of the more important is brand perception and you can see from F150 sales that Ford remains one of the most highly sought after badges.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion View Post
There are a lot of factors that contribute to resale value. One of the more important is brand perception and you can see from F150 sales that Ford remains one of the most highly sought after badges.
In that case Toyota will always be at the top. Ford will win with the Raptor but that's where it stops.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:24 AM

The Ranger should build upon the success that its larger sibling has achieved in NA. It's impressive how close the Ranger has come in regards to towing capacity to that of the 2.7l Ecoboost V6 (9000lb's).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
The Ranger should build upon the success that its larger sibling has achieved in NA. It's impressive how close the Ranger has come in regards to towing capacity to that of the 2.7l Ecoboost V6 (9000lb's).
That comparison is unnecessary due to how lucrative the Rangers segment already is. Just having a Ford version of what Toyota sells is enough to get folks in the door.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page