post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 03:24 PM

Too bad that diesels are at a tough spot currently, they're know for creating the most pollution but still there are car makers pushing for it in certain parts of the world, meanwhile Europe is phasing it out.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I just recently saw that Nissan will no longer be releasing diesels in Europe, and I would expect in the coming months for other brands to make the same announcement. Meanwhile the folks over at VW are still trying to make the technology viable.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 10:00 AM

Diesel technology has been getting a bad reputation since the scandal, but that's not the only reason. They were know for fuel economy and low end torque, which can be achieved with hybrids now and those can be paired with petrol engines, which automakers are still improving. Diesels still have a place in pickups I suppose, but who knows how long that's going to last.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

I am sure similar torque figures can be found with an electric motor, its just a matter of developing a hybrid powertrain at an affordable price point. If there are already PHEV SUV's than I'm sure that technology is applicable to a pickup platform as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page